CORRELATION OF PARENTING STYLES IN LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT IN PRESCHOOLER
Keywords:Denver II, Parenting Style, Language Development, Preschooler
AbstractDelayed Â in language developmentis variously in the world. In Australia, parents were complained language skill and speech of their children. Data from Karyadi hospital showed new visitor complained delay in verbal of their children. Role model and behavior from parents is needed for childrenâ€™s growth, because children are remodeling from their nearest environment. This research aimed was Â to know the correlation parent parenting styleâ€™s with the childrenâ€™s language development in preschooler. This research was quantitative research uses observational analytic method with case control approach. Population is preschooler 3-5 years old in Semarang. Simple random sampling technique was used for getting 176 sample. Parenting style questionnaire was used for measuring parenting style and Denver II for delay in language development. Bivariate correlation is analyzed using Cramerâ€™s V test. Most of the research respondents were children aged 3 years 79 (44.9%) and 88 preschooler (50%) experienced normal language. While parents were 28 years old 76 (43.2%), 156 (88.6%) parents were high school education, and parenting democratic styles 106 (60.2%), authoritarian 66 (37.5%) and permissive 4 (2.3%). Bivariate analysis with Cramer's V shows p value <0.001 and r value of 0.488. Bivariate Analysis using Cramerâ€™s V showed p value <0,001 and r value is 0,488. There are correlation between parenting style and language development in preschooler. The strength of correlation is medium correlation. It suggested that Nurses can increase promotion efforts to increase parental knowledge about the importance of parenting for the language development of preschoolers.
- Abdullah, M. (2010). Pendidikan Karakter Membangun Karakter Anak Sejak dari Rumah. Yogyakarta: PT Pustaka Insan Madani.
- AlHammadi, F. S. (2017). Prediction of child language development: A review of literature in early childhood communication disorders. Lingua, 199, 27â€“35. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lingua.2017.07.007
- Bandura, A. (1989). Social cognitive theory. In Annals of Child Development: Six Theories of Child Development (Vol. 6). Greenwich: JAI Press.
- Bingham, G. E., Jeon, H. J., Kwon, K. A., & Lim, C. (2017). Parenting styles and home literacy opportunities: Associations with childrenâ€™s oral language skills. Infant and Child Development, 26(5). https://doi.org/10.1002/icd.2020
- Catts, H. ., Fey, M. ., Zhang, X., & Tomblin, J. . (1999). Language basis of reading disabilities: Evidence from a longitudinal investigation. Scientific Studies of Reading, 3, 331â€“361.
- Dedhia, P., Kravet, S., Bulger, J., Hinson, T., Sridharan, A., Kolodner, K., â€¦ Howell, E. (2009). A quality improvement intervention to facilitate the transition of older adults from three hospitals back to their homes. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.2009.02430.x
- Dharma, K. K. (2011). Metodologi Penelitian Keperawatan. Jakarta: Trans Info Media.
- Fadhli, K. (2017). Prevalence and Social Influences of Delayed Language Development in Preschool-Age Saudi Children. International Journal of Scinece and Research (IJSR), 6(September), 1712â€“1720. https://doi.org/10.21275/ART20176403
- Hartanto, F., Selina, H., H, Z., & Fitra, S. (2011). Pengaruh Perkembangan Bahasa Terhadap Perkembangan Kognitif Anak Usia 1-3 Tahun. Sari Pediatri, 12(6), 386â€“390. https://doi.org/http://dx.doi.org/10.14238/sp12.6.2011.386-90
- Hindman, A. H., Skibbe, L. E., & Foster, T. D. (2014). Exploring the variety of parental talk during shared book reading and its contributions to preschool language and literacy: Evidence from the early childhood longitudinal study-birth cohort. Reading and Writing, 27(2), 287â€“313. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11145-013-9445-4
- Hockenberry, M. J., & Wilson, D. (2011). Wongâ€™s Nursing Care of Infants and Children (9th ed.). United Stated of America: Elsevier.
- Hockenberry, M. J., & Wilson, D. (2013). Wongâ€™s nursing care of infants and children (9th ed.). Canada: Elsevier.
- Hurlock, E. . (1980). Psikologi Perkembangan. Jakarta: Erlangga.
- Kementerian Kesehatan RI. (2012). Pedoman Pelaksanaan Stimulasi, Deteksi dan Intervensi Dini Tumbuh Kembang Anak Ditingkat Pelayanan Kesehatan Dasar. Jakarta: Departemen Kesehatan RI.
- Kol, S. (2016). The Effects of the Parenting Styles on Social Skills of Children Aged 5-6. Malaysian Online Journal of Educational Sciences, 4(2), 49â€“58.
- McLeod, S., & Harrison, L. J. (2009). Epidemiology of Speech and Language Impairment in a Nationally Representative Sample of 4- to 5-Year-Old Children. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 52(5), 1213â€“1229. https://doi.org/10.1044/1092-4388(2009/08-0085)
- Mulqiah, Z., Santi, E., & Lestari, D. R. (2017). Pola Asuh Orang Tua Dengan Perkembangan Bahasa Anak Prasekolah ( Usia 3-6 Tahun ). Dunia Keperawatan, 5(1), 61â€“67.
- Muryanti, M., Purnaningrum, W. D., & Tirtawati, D. (2013). Peran Pola Asuh Orang Tua Dalam Kemampuan Bahasa Anak Usia 4 â€“ 5 Tahun. Interest : Jurnal Ilmu Kesehatan, 2(1), 172â€“174. Retrieved from http://jurnal.poltekkes-solo.ac.id/index.php/Int/article/view/52
- Musclish, M. (2011). Pendidikan karakter. Jakarta: Bumi Aksara.
- Revision, I. I. A. M., Archer, P., Frankenburg, K., & Dodds, J. (1992). The Developmental of the Lc, 89(1).
- Robinson, C. C., Mandleco, B., Olsen, S. F., & Hart, C. H. (1995). Authoritative, Authoritarian, and Permissive Parenting Practices: Development of a New Measure. Psychological Reports, 77(3), 819â€“830. https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.1922.214.171.1249.
- Shahshahani, S., Vameghi, R., Azari, N., & Sajedi, F. (2010). Validity and Reliability Determination of Denver Developmental Screening Test-II in 0-6 Year - Olds in Tehran, 20(3), 313â€“319.
- Suharsono, J. T. ., Fitriyani, A., & Upoyo, A. S. (2009). Hubungan Pola Asuh Orang Tua terhadap Kemampuan Sosialisasi pada Anak Prasekolah di TK Pertiwi Purwokerto Utara. Jurnal Keperawatan Soedirman, 4(3), 112â€“118.
- Tes, M., Ii, D., Ivantoni, R., & Muhimmah, I. (2015). Aplikasi Penentuan Tingkat Tumbuh Kembang Anak, 124â€“132.
- Vargas, E. . (2013). The importance of form in Skinnerâ€™s analysis of verbal behavior and a further step. The Analysis of Verbal Behavior, 29, 167â€“183.
Authors published in this journal agree to the following terms:
- The copyright of each article is held by its author.
- Author grants the journal first publication rights with the work simultaneously licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license, allowing others to share the work with acknowledgment of authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors may enter into separate additional contractual agreements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published journal version of the work (for example, posting it to an institutional repository or publishing it in a book), with acknowledgment of their initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g. in an Institutional Repository or on their website) before and during the submission process, as this can result in a productive exchange, as well as earlier and larger citations of the published work.
- Articles and all related material published are distributed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license.
All articles in this journal are the sole responsibility of the author. Journal of Nursing Science Update (JNSU) provides open access to anyone so that the information and findings in this article are useful for everyone. JNSU can be accessed and downloaded free of charge, free of charge, subject to Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license .
JNSU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license.