Nursing Students Readiness Through Clinical Learning
Keywords:CLES, Motivation, Clinical Learning
AbstractStudentsâ€™ experiences in doing clinical learning are a challenge in themselves where studnets interact directly with patients and face the changes that occur. Students are prepared in various aspects to deal with learning in clinics where students contact with patients. The phenomenon that occurs is students are not confident to practice and learn cases in clinic, fear of the tasks and responsibilities given. The purpose of this study is to describe of nursing student readiness when practice in clinical setting at the Nursing Institution in Jakarta. This research method is a quantitative method with a correlative design with 219 samples (nursing students). The measuring instrument used in this study is by using the CLES questionnaire, motivation and anxiety faced by students. The results showed that the RMSEA value is 0.000, which means that the fit of the model is good or good fit and 90% internal confidence, and there is an influence from the environment (p value 0,000), motivation (p value 0,000) and anxiety factors (p value 0,000) to the readiness students doing clinical learning. Therefore, to get good service quality in nursing education, collaboration between health care and education is very important to create a conducive environment for students to conduct clinical learning.
- Aruan, N., (2013). Gambaran Kesiapan Self Directed Learning pada Mahasiswa Tahap Pendidikan Klinik UIN Syarif Hidayatulah dan Faktor-faktor yang berhubungan, Jakarta: UIN Syarif Hidayatulah.
- Chapman, R. & Orb, A., (2000). The Nursing Students' Lived Experience of Clinical Practice. The Australian Electronic Journal of Nursing Education, 5(2), pp. 1-16.
- Chapman, R. & Orb, A., t.thn. The Nursing Students' Lived Experience of Clinical Practice. The Australian Electronic Journal of Nursing Education.
- Chuan, O. L. & Barnett, T., (2012). Student, tutor and Staff Nurse Perceptions of the Clinical Learning Environment. Nurse Education in Practice, Volume 12, pp. 192-197.
- Finn, T., Thorburn, J. & King, J., (2000). The Educational Needs of part time Clinical Facilitator. Contemporary Nurse, 9(2), pp. 132-139.
- Hawari, D., (2002). Manajemen Stres Cemas dan Depresi. Jakarta: Balai Penerbit FKUI.
- Johansson, U.-B.et al., (2010). Clinical Learning Environment, Supervision and Nurse Teacher Evaluation Scale: Psychometric Evaluation of the Swedish Version. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 66(9), pp. 2085-2093.
- Nursalam. (2008). Konsep dan Penerapan Metodologi Penelitian Ilmu Keperawatan. Jakarta: Salemba Medika.
- Lisum, K., & Sianturi, S. R. (2020). Nursing Students â€™ Perception of Their Learning Style belajar. 11(2), 170â€“178. https://doi.org/10.22219/JK.V11I2.12478.
- Papastavrou, E., Dimitriadou, M., Tsangari, H., & Andreou, C. (2016). Nursing studentsâ€™ satisfaction of the clinical learning environment: A research study. BMC Nursing, 15(1), 1â€“10. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12912-016-0164-4
- Said, A. B., Ghani, N., & Kiramat, M. (2015). Examination of Self-Directed Learning Readiness among Baccalaureate Nursing Students in Peshawar Pakistan. International Journal of Innovative Research & Development, 4(2), 257â€“262.
- Syahreni, E., & Waluyanti, F. T. (2007). Pengalaman Mahasiswa S1 Keperawatan Program Reguler Dalam Pembelajaran Klinik. Jurnal Keperawatan Indonesia, 11(2), 47â€“53. https://doi.org/10.7454/jki.v11i2.186
- Said, A. B., Ghani, N., Khan, A. & Kiramat, M., (2015). Examination of Self-Directed Learning Readiness among Baccalaureate Nursing Students in Peshawar Pakistan. International Journal of Innovative Research & Development, 4(2), pp. 257-262.
- Song, L. & Hill, J., (2007). A Conceptual Model for Understanding Self-Directed Learning in Online Environments. Journal of Interactive Online Learning, 6(1), pp. 27-41.
- Syahreni, E. & Waluyanti, T., (2007). Pengalaman Mahasiswa S1 Keperawatan Program Reguler dalam Pembelajaran Klinik. Jurnal Keperawatan Indonesia, 11(2), pp. 47-53.
- Wijaya, A., (2012). Solusi Tata Kelola Praktik Klinik di Rumah Sakit. Jakarta: Medianers.
- Wijaya, S., (2012). Hubungan Pilihan Karir Mahasiswa dengan persepsi Terhadap proses Pembelajaran Klinik pada Mahasiswa Semester VI S1 Keperawatan Universitas Muhammadiyah Semarang, Semarang: Universitas Muhammadiyah Semarang.
Authors published in this journal agree to the following terms:
- The copyright of each article is held by its author.
- Author grants the journal first publication rights with the work simultaneously licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license, allowing others to share the work with acknowledgment of authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors may enter into separate additional contractual agreements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published journal version of the work (for example, posting it to an institutional repository or publishing it in a book), with acknowledgment of their initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g. in an Institutional Repository or on their website) before and during the submission process, as this can result in a productive exchange, as well as earlier and larger citations of the published work.
- Articles and all related material published are distributed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license.
All articles in this journal are the sole responsibility of the author. Journal of Nursing Science Update (JNSU) provides open access to anyone so that the information and findings in this article are useful for everyone. JNSU can be accessed and downloaded free of charge, free of charge, subject to Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license .
JNSU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license.