Overview of Self-Compassion on Nurses at Santa Elisabeth Hospital Medan 2022
Keywords:Self-compassion, Nurses, Hospital
Self-compassion is a mindset of accepting, understanding, and loving oneself in order to be capable of manipulating feelings positively, overcoming problems faced, decreasing anxiety, stress, and depression; and also being superb in knowing oneself when experiencing difficulties so as no longer to criticize oneself excessively and can enhance the exceptional of life, accordingly self-compassion is needed in nursing services in enhancing the excellent of nursing services. This study aims to identify self-compassion in nurses at Santa Elisabeth Hospital Medan in 2022. We used a descriptive method. The sampling technique is total sampling, and we have 196 respondents. This study uses a compassion scale questionnaire with 26 statements, consisting of 6 components, namely self-kindness, self-judgment, common humanity, isolation, mindfulness, and overidentification. The results obtained from the description of self-compassion of nurses at Santa Elisabeth Hospital Medan 2022. We found that in high category as many as 62.8%, and in low category as many as 37.2%. It can be said that the self-compassion of nurses at Santa Elisabeth Hospital Medan is high in treating themselves and others well and being able to understand one's shortcomings. We hope that nurses can maintain their self-compassion in service tasks.
- Abdollahi, A., Taheri, A. and Allen, K. A. (2021) 'Perceived stress, self-compassion and job burnout in nurses: the moderating role of self-compassion, Journal of Research in Nursing, 26(3), pp. 182–191. DOI: 10.1177/1744987120970612.
- Adinda, P. T., Aryanto, C. B. and Tunjungsari, L. H. (2020) ‘GAMBARAN SELF-COMPASSION PERAWAT INSTALASI’, 7, pp. 38–56. doi: 10.24854/jpu02020-256.
- Anggita Kesumaputri1 , Hamidah1, M. S. (2021) ‘Peran Self-Compassion terhadap Kualitas Hidup Profesional: Studi pada Perawat Jiwa’, pp. 169–181.
- Beck, P. (2012) nursing research generating and assessing evidence for nursing practice.
- Budiono, B. and Malang, P. K. (2021) ‘Konsep-dasar-keperawatan’, (December 2016).
- Hapsari, L. muharrara (2018) ‘Analisa pengaruh self-compassion dan social support terhadap resiliensi diri anggota Paduan Suara Mahasiswa Gema Gita Bahana UIN Malang’.
- Hartono, M. M. et al. (2021) ‘Gambaran Self-Compassion Pada Mahasiswa Keperawatan Tingkat Satu [Description of Self-Compassion in First Year Nursing Students]’, Nursing Current Jurnal Keperawatan, 8(2), p. 217. doi: 10.19166/nc.v8i2.3106.
- Hashem, Z. and Zeinoun, P. (2020) ‘Self-Compassion Explains Less Burnout Among Healthcare Professionals’, mindfulness, 11(11), pp. 2542–2551. DOI: 10.1007/s12671-020-01469-5.
- Karinda, F. B. (2020) ‘Belas kasih diri (self compassion) pada mahasiswa’, Cognicia, 8(2), pp. 234–252. doi: 10.22219/cognicia.v8i2.11288.
- Kim, C. and Ko, H. (2018) 'The impact of self-compassion on mental health, sleep, quality of life and life satisfaction among older adults, Geriatric Nursing, 39(6), pp. 623–628. DOI: 10.1016/j.gerinurse.2018.06.005.
- Rahayu, P. et al. (2019) ‘Belas kasih diri (self-compassion) dan pengorbanan (altruism) pada suku Tengger’, Fenomena, 28(1), pp. 30–38. doi: 10.30996/fn.v28i1.2443.
- Razaghpour, H. and Rejeh, N. (2021) ‘The Study Of Relationship Between Self-Compassion And Job Stress of’, (February 2022).
- Satake, Y. and Arao, H. (2020) ‘Self-Compassion Mediates The Association Between Conflict About Ability To Practice End-Of-Life Care And Burnout In Emergency Nurses’, International Emergency Nursing, 53(October 2019), p. 100917. doi: 10.1016/j.ienj.2020.100917.
- Savieto, R. M. (2019) 'Nurses In The Triage Of The Emergency Department : Self-Compassion And Empathy *'. DOI: 10.1590/1518-8345.3049.3151.
- Solon, M. et al. (2021) ‘Dampak Beban Kerja Terhadap Tingkat Stres Pada Tenaga Kesehatan Selama Masa Pandemi Covid 19’, Jurnal Keperawatan Florence Nightingale, 4(2), pp. 94–101. doi: 10.52774/jkfn.v4i2.74.
- Steen, M. (2021) ‘The Influence Of Self-Compassion Upon Midwives And Nurses: a scoping review’, (November).
- Sugianto, D., Suwartono, C. and Sutanto, S. H. (2020) ‘Reliabilitas dan validitas Self-Compassion Scale versi Bahasa Indonesia’, Jurnal Psikologi Ulayat, 7(2), pp. 177–191. doi: 10.24854/jpu107.
- Tresna, A. et al. (2018) ‘Self Compassion Pada Penyintas Kanker Pyudara’, pp. 70–81.
- Undang, U. no 38 tahun 2014 tentang keperawatan (2019) ‘Peraturan Menteri Kesehatan Republik Indonesia Nomor 26 Tahun 2019 Tentang Peraturan Pelaksanaan Undang-Undang Nomor 38 Tahun 2014 Tentang Keperawatan’.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Journal of Nursing Science Update
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors published in this journal agree to the following terms:
- The copyright of each article is held by its author.
- Author grants the journal first publication rights with the work simultaneously licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license, allowing others to share the work with acknowledgment of authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors may enter into separate additional contractual agreements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published journal version of the work (for example, posting it to an institutional repository or publishing it in a book), with acknowledgment of their initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g. in an Institutional Repository or on their website) before and during the submission process, as this can result in a productive exchange, as well as earlier and larger citations of the published work.
- Articles and all related material published are distributed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license.
All articles in this journal are the sole responsibility of the author. Journal of Nursing Science Update (JNSU) provides open access to anyone so that the information and findings in this article are useful for everyone. JNSU can be accessed and downloaded free of charge, free of charge, subject to Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license .
JNSU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license.