QUALITY OF LIFE AND MENTAL EMOTIONAL HEALTH OF ELDERLY PEOPLE
Keywords:mental emotional health, elderly people, quality of life
AbstractThe higher dependence rate of elderly people in Ponorogo can make their quality of life lower.Unfortunately, how the quality of life can influence the mental emotional health is still unknown. The purpose of this research was to identify the influence of the quality of life to mental emotional disorders of older adults. The design of this research was Observational correlational Â with cross sectional approach. This research was held at 4 working areas of health facilities in Ponorogo district in East Java from March to May in 2015.This study included 200 elder people as participants and 50Â sampling quota inÂ each health facilities. The data collection in this study was assessed with 2 instruments. First instrument was used in this study developed by World Health Organization in Quality of life (WHO QOL-BREF) and second instrument was Self Reporting Questionnaire (SRQ).Â The Pearson Correlation test was performed in this study (SPSS version 20) . The researchers found out that there was an influence of quality of life (physical health, psychologic, social relationship, and environment) on mental emotional disorders in elder people (p-Value < 0.05). Â This result revealed that quality of life in older adults influenced the mental emotional disorders. The improvement actions that can be proposed to decrease the mental emotional disorders of the elderly are the elderly are able to have an easy and quick access to health and general service facilities to support the mental well being of older people.
- Ahmed, H.I.,Mohamed, E.E., & Aly, A.M (2014). Effect of Mobility on the Quality of Life among Older Adults in Geriatric Home at Makkah Al-Mukarramah. Advances in Life Science and Technology Vol 17
- Badan Penelitian dan Pengembangan Kesehatan, (2013). Riset Kesehatan Dasar Dalam Angka: Riskesdas 2013 Provinsi Jawa Timur, Departemen Kesehatan Republik Indonesia, Jakarta
- Badan Pusat Statistik (2015). Statistik Penduduk Lansia 2014: Hasil Survei Sosial Ekonomi Nasional.Badan Pusat Statistik, Jakarta-Indonesia
- Badan Pusat Statistik (2014). Profil Penduduk Lanjut Usia Jawa Timur 2013: Hasil Survei Sosial Ekonomi Nasional.Badan Pusat Statistik Provinsi Jawa Timur
- Butler J & Ciarrochi J (2007). Pschological acceptance and quality of life in the elderly. Quali Life Res 16
- Cacioppo JT & Cacioppo S (2013). Older adults reporting social isolation or loneliness show poorer cognitive function 4 years later. Evid based Nurs
- Hudakova, A & Hornakova, A (2011). Mobility and quality of life in elderly and geriatric Patients. International Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Vol.3(7), pp.81-85, July 2011 Available online http://www.academicjournals.org/ijnm
- Hany, A & Putra, KR (2015). Hubungan Disabilitas dengan Kualitas Hidup Lansia. Tidak dipublikasikan.
- Idaini, S., Suhardi & Kristanto, A.Y., 2009. Analisis Gejala Gangguan Mental Emosional Penduduk Indonesia. Majalah Kedokteran Indonesia, 59, pp.473-79
- Lasisi, A.O & Gureje, O (2013). Disability and Quality of Life among Elderly Persons with Self-Reported Hearing Impairment: Report from the Ibadan Study of Aging. International Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery, 2013, 2, 63-67
- Minh HV, Huong DL, Wall S, Chuc NTK, Byass P (2010) Multilevel analysis of covariation in socioeconomic predictors of physical function and psychological well-being among older people in rural Vietnam. Geriatrics 10(7)
- Moti, R.W & McAuley, E (2010). Physical Activity, Disability, and Quality of Life in Older Adults. Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am 21 (2010) 299â€“308
- Qonitah N & Isfandiari AM (2015) Hubungan antara IMT dan Kemandirian Fisik dengan Gangguan Mental Emosional pada Lansia. Jurnal Berkala Epidemiologi 3(1) Hal 1-11
- Risdianto. (2009). Hubungan Dukungan Sosial dengan Kualitas Hidup Lanjut Usia di Desa Kembang Kuning
- Cepogo Boyolali. Skripsi Fakultas Ilmu Kesehatan Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta. Tidak dipublikasikan
- Sutikno W (2015) Faktor-faktor yang berhubungan dengan gangguan kesehatan mental pada lansia: studi cross sectional pada kelompok jantung sehat surya group Kediri. Jurnal Wiyata, 2 (1)
- Suyoko (2012) Faktor-faktor risiko yang berhubungan dengan gangguan mental emosional pada lansia di Jakarta (Analisis data riskesdas 2007). Skripsi.Universitas Indonesia.
- WHO. (1996). The World Health Organization Quality of Life (WHOQOL)-Bref. (online)http://www.who.int/entity/substance_abuse/research_tools/en/indonesian_whoqol.pdf. Diakses pada tanggal 5 Maret 2015
- WHO. (2017). Mental health of older adults. (online) http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs381/en/. Diakses 12 Februari 2017
Authors published in this journal agree to the following terms:
- The copyright of each article is held by its author.
- Author grants the journal first publication rights with the work simultaneously licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license, allowing others to share the work with acknowledgment of authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors may enter into separate additional contractual agreements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published journal version of the work (for example, posting it to an institutional repository or publishing it in a book), with acknowledgment of their initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g. in an Institutional Repository or on their website) before and during the submission process, as this can result in a productive exchange, as well as earlier and larger citations of the published work.
- Articles and all related material published are distributed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license.
All articles in this journal are the sole responsibility of the author. Journal of Nursing Science Update (JNSU) provides open access to anyone so that the information and findings in this article are useful for everyone. JNSU can be accessed and downloaded free of charge, free of charge, subject to Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license .
JNSU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license.