Effect of Woolen Cloth to Maintain Temperature 39Â°C of Crystaloid Fluid Ringer Lactate at Room Temperature 18Â°C
Keywords:Crystalloid liquid, Ringer Lactate 39áµ’C, Woolen cloth, Temperature drop
AbstractFluid resuscitation with 39áµ’C is one of the main therapies for hypovolemic (hemorrhagic) shock patients to prevent complications. In this time, we already have tools to keep the fluid warm, but not all health services have these tools.Â To find out the effectiveness of using woolen cloth against the temperature of Ringer Lactate 39Â°C crystalloid fluid at room temperature 18Â°C. This study used a pre-experimental method, with a static group comparison approach, with 4 Ringer Lactate liquid samples divided into 2 groups, namely groups using wool cloth and those not using woolen cloth. Data collected through observation sheets. Data analyzed using the Mann Whitney test. With this p value (0.00001) <Î± (0.05), it can be concluded that there is a significant difference between the use of woolen cloth and those that do not use woolen cloth. The woolen cloth is effective to slow down the decrease in temperature of the crystalloid liquid Ringer Lactate 39áµ’C at room temperature 18áµ’C. The difference in temperature changes in the Ringer Lactate crystalloid fluid is influenced by several things including humidity, ambient temperature, and additional material used.
- American Heart Association. (2018). Part 8: Advanced Challenges in Resuscitation Section 3: Special Challenges in ECC. AHA Journals: Circulation, 102, 229-252.
- Benyamin, L. (2002). Dasar-dasar Klimatologi I. Raja Grafindo Persada: Null.
- Blumberg, N. et al. (2018). 0.9% NaCl (Normal Saline) â€“ Perhaps not so normal after all?. Transfusion and Apheresis Science, Elsevier Ltd, 57, 127â€“131.
- Hamid, A. (2007). Kalor dan Termodinamika. Diktat Kuliah Termodinamika Program Studi Pendidikan Fisika, Universitas Negeri Yoyakarta.
- Idawati Supu, Baso Usman, Selviani Basri, S. (2016). Pengaruh Suhu Terhadap Perpindahan Panas pada Material yang Berbeda. Jurnal Dinamika, 23(45), 5â€“24.
- Intang, A., Darmansyah. (2018). Analisa Termodinamika Laju Perpindahan Panas Dan Pengeringan Pada Mesin Pengering Berbahan Bakar Gas Dengan Variabel Temperatur Lingkungan. Jurnal Teknik Mesin Untirta, 4(1), 34 â€“ 38.
- Istinharoh (2013). Pengantar Ilmu Tekstil 1: Sekolah Menegah Kejuruan Semester 1. Jakarta: Kementrian Pendidikan dan Budaya: Direktorat Pembinaan Sekolah Menengah Kejuruan.
- Nayoko (2016). Perbandingan Efektifitas Pemberian Cairan, Jurnal Keperawatan Muhammadiyah, 1(1), 86â€“92.
- Rohyami, Y. (2014). Kimia Fisika. Deepublish: Yogyakarta.
- Stewart, R. (2018). Advance Trauma Life Support Student Course Manual. 10th edn. United States of America: American College of Surgeons.
- Wang, Y. C. & Lin, Y. K. (2014) Association between temperature and emergency room visits for cardiorespiratory diseases, metabolic syndrome-related diseases, and accidents in metropolitan Taipei. Plos One, 9(6), 1â€“9.
Authors published in this journal agree to the following terms:
- The copyright of each article is held by its author.
- Author grants the journal first publication rights with the work simultaneously licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license, allowing others to share the work with acknowledgment of authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors may enter into separate additional contractual agreements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published journal version of the work (for example, posting it to an institutional repository or publishing it in a book), with acknowledgment of their initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g. in an Institutional Repository or on their website) before and during the submission process, as this can result in a productive exchange, as well as earlier and larger citations of the published work.
- Articles and all related material published are distributed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license.
All articles in this journal are the sole responsibility of the author. Journal of Nursing Science Update (JNSU) provides open access to anyone so that the information and findings in this article are useful for everyone. JNSU can be accessed and downloaded free of charge, free of charge, subject to Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license .
JNSU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License or CC BY-NC 4.0 license.